Tuesday, June 10, 2014

3 Baby Kent

Hello! I've been gone for awhile.
I've been gone because I've spent every evening of the last two months sick and mostly in bed.
I've been sick in bed, because I'm pregnant!

This baby was not "planned". Actually, we had a "plan" to have a baby after Sean took his boards next year in his 3rd year of medical school. However, I've seen time and time again in my life, my timing is not always God's timing.

Sean had told me a couple times to take a pregnancy test because I was late. He even came out of the kitchen a week before we found out and just said, "You're pregnant. I know it." I just laughed. I knew I was not. First of all, it's not unusual for me to be late. Also, I had been told by a doctor because of some blood work that it may be hard to get pregnant and my sister also dealt with fertility issues for a few years so I was fully preparing myself to go down that same path. Also, I had none of the symptoms that can be associated with beginning stages of pregnancy (wouldn't it be nice if that were still the case?) so I just put it off... and off, and off. All of these things led me to believe it was just another late period. I was absolutely, positively sure I wasn't pregnant.

Parent Intuition Points-
Sean: 1
Danielle: -1 billion

We had pregnancy tests in our bathroom drawer. I woke up one morning in April and I decided to just do it so Sean would stop harassing me to take one. So, you can imagine my absolute shock (I literally just started shaking uncontrollably), when I saw an extremely dark blue plus sign that appeared within 2 seconds. I checked the box and checked again to make sure I was seeing it right. There was no denying, we were most definitely pregnant. And if it weren't for Sean asking me to take a test, I probably would've ended up on that TLC show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" where the girls pop out an unexpected baby at work in the bathroom.

Sean was still sleeping in bed. I didn't know what to do. I wanted him to be awake enough to understand, but I was about to explode. What should I do in this moment? I'd never thought about peeing on a stick and finding out I was pregnant before. I hadn't prepared what I was going to do or say when that moment came, and yet here it was!
"Umm, Sean?"
He rolled over and appeared to be awake.
I told him.
He was so thrilled and just said "I know"
How right he was.

I was in a state of shock for a while and experienced a lot of emotions. I was so grateful, but this was a huge life curveball and we had to readjust a lot of life plans. I would then feel guilty for feeling those feelings (I feel guilty for even writing it out) because I've had close friends and family members deal with infertility and watched them walk down a long and sometimes seemingly hopeless road. People I love dearly and who are some of the best people I know, have struggled to have a baby. It was a lot of emotions in a short amount of time.

However, I feel now like I'm totally on the up and up in all aspects of pregnancy. Although I still carry a few of the concerns I originally had, I've had it confirmed to me over and over again that there is a reason this baby is coming now and all things will work out! Just as they always do! I couldn't be more grateful for wonderful doctors, a loving family, an extremely supportive husband and precious baby on the way. This really has been a miraculous experience and I feel so extremely blessed!

So bring it on! I'd love to hear your favorite baby tips, your useful mommy gear, helpful websites and apps, and informative books. This is the best part about having lots of online friends! And please keep comments positive (Like, what's the deal with the haters feeling like they need to chime in with all the bad things to come???)

For now, we are cherishing every moment! Sean and I realize it's forever the end of our "table for two" days but are so thrilled beyond words to be adding to our little family! We now constantly talk and dream about baby Kent coming our way. There is really nothing more amazing and I am so grateful for this gift.

Thanks for the love and support. We love you and are beyond excited for you, sweet baby!

I could stare at that face all day. Sigh.



3 comments:

  1. I couldn't be happier my little friend. I love you so much. This is definitely the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just beyond thrilled for you. I hope you've been feeling better! The sickness at the beginning is the literal worst.... Feels like it won't ever end! You guys are going to have the most darling baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't listen to the haters- babies are the best! Steve and I have loved being parents- it just keeps getting better! You don't have to let babies totally change your life either, we pack Clara around everywhere! The only thing we miss is less frequent movie theatre dates :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...