Sunday, April 20, 2014

1 Happy Easter

A couple months ago I had to speak in Sacrament meeting. I was given the topic of the Atonement which was slightly overwhelming. It pushed me to finish a book I started long ago by Tad Callister called, "The Infinite Atonement." He said many wonderful things, but this was one of my favorites:

“If there had been no Atonement, the rising of every sun would be a reminder that for us it would one day rise no more, that for each of us death would claim its victory, and the grave would have its sting. Every death would be a tragedy, and every birth but a tragedy in embryo. The culmination of love between husbands and wives, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters would perish in the grave, to rise no more. Without the Atonement, futility would replace purpose, hopelessness would be exchanged for hope, and misery would be traded for happiness... The contemplation of such a world as this would be the most despairing thought that could ever darken the mind or sadden the heart of man. But fortunately, there is a Christ, and there was an Atonement, and it is infinite for all mankind."

This video totally says it all for me! I watched it last Sunday and I've been able to think about it throughout the week. I cannot say enough how grateful I am for my Savior who I have felt continuously strengthen and support me throughout my life. He is our brother and our friend. He died for us and He loves us all, infinitely.


Happy Easter!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I just started reading this book myself! It's amazing! Wish I was there for your talk! Still have the notes on it??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...