Thursday, April 04, 2013

13 The Bling

I think I've received about 800 gazillion texts, facebook messages/comments and voicemails since yesterday. I have definitely felt the love. I apologize that I have not gotten back to anyone! Tomorrow morning, I will be tackling that.

But for now, here is the bling. I love it. This is actually ring 1 of 2, as crazy as that is. The ring I picked out is en route but this is Sean's great grandma's ring. So pretty and we love! Yes?!
Dating Sean has been the easiest thing I've ever done in my life. I can't describe it. I think I pictured getting engaged to be this huge occasion but really what I feel is peace, safety and happiness. Last night I thought to myself, "that was easy" (referring to getting engaged, of course) and then had to laugh because I reflected on the dozens of boys I dated that made things so difficult on me and thought back to the times that I never thought this day would ever come. Ever. That's probably why it was so impossible for me to imagine ever getting married.  With Sean it was different though. I never had to cry myself to sleep because he ditched me or had to wonder if he liked me or if he would rather be with his friends than me. I never had to wonder if he was just going to string me along. I never had to wonder if he was going to dump me over a text or if he was going to not call me for 2 days. I was always number 1. He didn't tell me, he showed me. I feel quite underserving.
He is kind, he is patient, he is selfless and he is good to the core.

Oh, and I'm allowed to be obnoxious about this stuff. I've waited a long time for this and I get to do whatever the heck I want now.

Rawr.


13 comments:

  1. Deej everyone's allowed to be obnoxious about this stuff! I'm so happy for you! Sean's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! So happy for you! Totally worth the wait, huh? He sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DANI!!!! I'm beyond happy for you! Congratulations! You deserve all the happiness in the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm beyond happy for you! It only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are absolutely right! Enjoy being engaged and honestly I love hearing all the mushy details. Congrats dani! I can't wait for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay! I am so happy for you and you totally deserve this! Are you going to where both rings? Can't wait to see the other too. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It feels so easy and right because it IS!!! Best part about finding THE GUY! We LOVE your guy already, Danielle, as you know and I LOVE this post! Love you and sooooo happy for your happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful rings???!?! You deserve it! Ps some of the lines about previous boys had me laughing ;) love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved reading all about this and being apart of some of these happenings you have posted, too! Such a good picture of Sean and really, it captures just the things you were saying about him. Sweet man and he deserves you and you deserve him! I am so totally happy for you and know that you will have great love to look forward to, Danielle. This is only the beginning! Kisses and hugs to you, Sweetheart, and to your new man who has captured your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! so happy for you!! you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys! Allison, the crazy boy remarks were for you and all the other Cheetahs who had to help me become mentally stable again after each breakup. RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And he is HILARIOUS. :) Perfect match, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...