Wednesday, November 20, 2013

0 Tried & True

I actually cooked tonight. I started cooking at 8pm, but regardless, I did it! Go me.
I seriously crave this chili sometimes. It's good ole comfort food and it's not too bad for you either. I don't remember where I got the recipe, I just know it's super duper yum!

White Bean Chicken Chili

INGREDIENTS
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 can chopped green chilies, drained
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 cans (15 oz) white beans
1 can (14 oz) low sodium chicken broth
1 1/2 cups finely copped cook chicken breast
shredded cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)

PREPARATION
In large skillet, cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until transparent. Add chilies, flour and cumin; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until hot.


This is the part where it starts to smell really good and I take the lid off a million times.

I felt like it warmed my whole body and even though it's still 75 degrees in Tucson, it felt really good and relaxing.

So delicious and for some reason, the leftovers are even better!


Crack chili. That's what I should rename it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...