Sunday, June 16, 2013

1 Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad! He is gentle, soft spoken, patient, kind and the most hard working person I literally have ever met. He had dreams for his children and set the bar very high for us. I can still remember bringing my report card to him and every time he would say, "these are good grades Danielle, but the most important thing is that they are your grades." It was important to him that we did not cheat our way through life. He wanted us to be honest and hard working. He did not put up with brattiness or the sense of entitlement for one second.
Once when I was a teenager, I went upstairs and slammed my door. About 5 minutes later, I heard a drill. My dad took my door off the hinges.
"Dad, what are you doing?"
"These are my doors and I won't have you throwing a fit and slamming them."
About 30 minutes later my sister got home. She was upset about something and slammed her door (must have been some serious PMS going on that day).
Her door was gone in a matter of minutes. Ahh. So funny.

My dad taught us how to earn a living and he taught us how to be grateful for the smallest blessings. I'm lucky I get to hang out with him today. Love you dad, so very much!

And of course Happy Father's Day to my new father-in-law. Not only has he raised my favorite chico in the whole world, but he has completely taken me in. When Sean and I walk out the door, he'll usually say, "love you guys! I'm so proud of you!" He has the biggest heart and has totally welcomed me into his family. He came up to Provo to help me move and had a smile on his face the whole time. He is so selfless and truly just wants everyone around him to be happy.

And then, of course, Happy Father's Day to my lover boy. Mostly because I like to send him nice texts but also stress him out at the same time.


Dads are my favorite! Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful dads and father figures. We need you and we love you!



1 comment:

  1. hahahha Sean's a good sport. & your kids are very cute emoticons.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...