Saturday, July 21, 2012

3 Doing Their Best

My heart is breaking for the people in Colorado, especially those who lost loved ones. I cannot imagine their grief. I was in shock watching the footage on the news that someone could have such little regard for life. For the entire day, I couldn't shake my sad feelings and also wondered why the poor choices of others have to affect good people that are doing their very best. I became critical of humanity in general. Then, a quote I had on my mirror in high school kept popping into my head:

I hesitated posting this because the last thing I want is to be insensitive to the situation. These people have every right to be angry for the evil that has taken place, but it was a gentle reminder for me. I started instead thinking more about the response to the tragedy and the amount of love, support and prayers sent in the direction of the victims. It's a good place to be when we can remember all the good that is still in the world and most importantly, that God is good!





3 comments:

  1. Tasteful, sensitive, and very well said, Danielle! You are expressing what so many are feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grammy! Can't wait to see yoU!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...