Friday, June 01, 2012

1 Gypsy Woman

I've been a traveling girl the last couple of weeks. I hopped off the plane from California to be in Utah for just 24 hours before I flew to Pennsylvania to drive to New Jersey for a school conference. How does my dad fly across the country twice a week??

First stop, Atlantic City, New Jersey.
D. Trump pretty much owns the city, which is kind of obvious. The whole place is rather gaudy. Not a city I would recommend you go on vacation to unless your favorite things are cigs, gambling and terrible tourist t-shirts, but at least I can check it off the list. SO bummed I never ran into Snooki, though.

I love anytime I can be near the ocean. We just stood at the dock one night and watched the sunset.

The purpose of the trip was to attend a STEM conference for school hosted by the National Science Teachers Association. My school will be turning into a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) school next year starting in 4th grade and in the years to follow will move up through the other grades. We are really excited to take on the challenge! Instead of compartamentalizing separate subjects, we will integrate literacy into science and solve problems through engineering and creating technology all to get kids prepared for the jobs of the 21st century. We already have so many cool ideas and the conference helped us even more. I typed about 80 million pages of notes. We'll see if I can make sense of it all come fall!


Next stop, Philly!
Love Philadelphia. We went to an awesome farmer's market and got Philly Cheese Steaks, of course.

Toured downtown and were able to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall which was awesome.

And we had to hit up a game! Phillies played the Red Sox. Normally I would've cheered on the Red Sox but I decided to be nice and root for the Phillies. Phillies lost. Oh well. I LOVE going to baseball games so I was just happy to be there.

Came back for one wild week of school and then headed off to my very most favorite city of all time.
The beautiful Franklin, Tennessee

It's summer so the whole place is pretty overgrown, but I look around and feel like I'm in a Nicholas Sparks movie. How did I take this for granted growing up?!
I was walking down my street the other day and my breath was taken away.

I love home the most. I wake up every morning to frogs croaking, I go to bed to the sound of thunderstorms and I can see fireflies out my window. Pinch me!

Two more days until I'm back in Utah for more STEM training. I'll be able to fill this summer up really fast.

1 comment:

  1. Goodness. I miss Tennessee. Literally my heart aches whenever I think about Tennessee... Which is a lot. I love our hometown, too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...