Monday, August 23, 2010

1 der

Most of the time I have such deep thoughts I would blow even Aristotle's mind.
For example, lately I have been pondering the word, "der." You know the der noise people make when they're making fun of somebody? "Der der."
Finally I brought my thoughts to my roommate Leslie who has been using the 'der' word quite a bit lately.
I said, "Les, you know what's funny about 'der'? That's what people say when they can't even think of a good comeback, yet, it still makes the other person feel stupid."
Scenario:
Person 1 feels nervous & tries to make some witty comment that just goes terribly wrong.
Person 2: "der der derrrrr"
Person 1 (lowers head to defeated position): Yeah, she's right.

It's just the strangest thing to me. The only person in the world I know that can shoot back the most awesomest real comebacks is my brother. I always tell him he's going to get shot one day, but somehow, everyone still loves him. I've been so crazy the last few months with school stuff that I'm afraid I'm not as quick witted as I used to be. Luckily for me, there's always der.

1 comment:

  1. HA! do you remember that song not quite "der" but the one that went " ah duh duh duh"? remember how you laughed so hard you rolled off the bed? you could just sing that at them. lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...