Monday, June 22, 2009

1 I miss this: Perú Entry 9

Goodnight Besos.
Every night Ash & I would head to the discotecas to party it up. But before we ever headed to the Plaza, we'd drop by the boys' orphanage at night to give them "goodnight besos."
I miss how every time Efrain would come to the door to let us in, he would literally squeal because he was so excited for us to tuck him in bed. He acted surprised that we showed up even though we came night after night.
I miss how Alberto would make me sing the song to him I wrote about going to school when he was being tucked in, even though it was the dumbest song ever.
I miss how they kept their pj's under their pillow & needed us to help them get dressed even though they've been dressing themselves their whole lives. And even though these pictures might look calm & peaceful, I miss how it took us over an hour to get 33 orphan boys in their bed after muchos piggy back rides, kisses (and misbehaving).
"Uno Mas beso por favor Daniela!"

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet story, Danielle! You will be an awesome Mother yourself when the time comes. Hope you are having a great time at the beach! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...