Saturday, September 28, 2013

2 Niceness

Three (of the many) things I love about Sean:
1. He is really funny.
2. He is not lazy.
3. He's always serving others.

So a few weeks ago he signed us up to teach inmates healthcare at the state prison one Saturday a month. I was really excited (even though my healthcare knowledge is literally brush your teeth, get your flu shot and please take some sort of birth control).

I was worried Sean would be exhausted by Saturday but I guess I keep forgetting how much energy he has. I should've never doubted him considering he's the boy who will roll over in the morning and the first words out of his mouth are, "Good morning. Wanna go for a run?"
Umm. Let me become conscious really fast, first.

We needed to meet our group at 7am on Saturday to go to the prison, so including driving time, I knew we'd be up a little early.
When we were getting ready for bed the night before he asked me what time I set the alarm for.
"I set it for 5:30."
"What? Why so early?"
"Because I need to shower before we leave."
"Danielle, you don't need to make a splash at the prison."
"Well, it's not like I'm dusting off my prom dress..."

And then we laughed. And of course, because I had to, I exaggerated that comment times 8 billion. I mean, I really hope I didn't make too big of a splash by showering.

Oh and prison time is actually fun. Not that I'm recommending living there.

He also hooked me up last week when I was having an extra crampy day.

"Seeeeeaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, I have really bad cramps. OWWW. I need an ice cream cone."

"Right now? It's bedtime...."

5 minutes later, we are at McDonald's drive through.

Sean: "Hi, can we get an ice cream cone?"
McDonald's employee: "Oh, I'm sorry, our machine is broken."
Sean: "Really? Oh no! My wife is on her period and really needs an ice cream cone."


Oh geeze. Not what I had in mind but I still laughed my butt off.


Today, Sean is in Mexico working at a clinic. I dropped him off at the hospital 5:30am and he will be back in an hour. You see, when you live an hour from the border, you do things like go to other countries for a Saturday to check vital signs and make sure everyone's all good.

That Sean, such a little do-gooder.
His brownie point score is off the charts right now. I hope we get like 10 million blessings for all the nice things he does for other people. Blessings are my favorite. Hardy har har.



2 comments:

  1. hahahhahaha, that poor mcdonalds worker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet the inmates would've loved it if you wore your prom dress. next month? DO IT.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...