Sunday, March 31, 2013

1 Happy Easter!


I love today. I'm currently reading a book called, "The Infinite Atonement" by Tad R. Callister.
I've been marking it up like crazy because he has so many wonderful insights. I'd like to share a couple of his thoughts with you.

"If there had been no Atonement, the rising of every sun would be a reminder that for us it would one day rise no more, that for each of us death would claim its victory, and the grave would have its sting. Every death would be a tragedy, and every birth but a tragedy in embryo. The culmination of love between husbands and wives, fathers and sons, mothers and daughters would perish in the grave, to rise no more. Without the Atonement, futility would replace purpose, hopelessness would be exchanged for hope, and misery would be traded for happiness.... The contemplation of such a world as this would be the most despairing thought that could ever darken the mind or sadden the heart of man. But fortunately, there is a Christ, and there was an Atonement, and it is infinite for all mankind."

"Recognizing the Savior's merciful outpouring, Truman Madsen spoke these consoling words: '...But if there are some of you who have been tricked into the conviction that you have gone too far, that you have been weighed down with doubts on which you alone have a monopoly, that you have had the poison of sin which makes it impossible ever again to be what you could have been- then hear me. I bear testimony that you cannot sink farther than the light and sweeping intelligence of Jesus Christ can reach. I bear testimony that as long as there is one spark of the will to repent and to reach, he is there. He did not just descend to your condition; he descended below it, 'that he might be in all and through all things, the light of truth' (D&C 88:6)"


"...May we declare ourselves to be more fully disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ, not in word only and not only in the flush of comfortable times but in deed and in courage and in faith, including when the path is lonely and when our cross is difficult to bear. This Easter week and always, may we stand by Jesus Christ “at all times and in all things, and in all places that [we] may be in, even until death,” 21 for surely that is how He stood by us when it was unto death and when He had to stand entirely and utterly alone." -Jeffrey R. Holland


Happy Easter! I hope we can all take advantage of our Savior's sacrifice on our behalf. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have. I'm grateful I know that I can repent. I know the Savior has felt all of our heartaches and worries. He loves us! He wants us to come to Him! I love my Savior and I will forever feel indebted to Him. Easter is a beautiful miracle!



1 comment:

  1. That book is one of my favs! Its completely marked up too...It's the best :) Love you dani. Happy easter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...