Thursday, August 23, 2012

5 Week 1

We've almost wrapped up Week 1 in Room 18!
Oh my goodness, I'm exhausted.
Waking up before the sun rises, a 30 minute commute (I know, some of you have it wayyyy worse), school during the day, parent teacher conferences in the afternoon/evening, leaving after dark and apartment shopping/lesson planning when I get home at night.

I know about 2,000 of you have texted me since Monday and I have not responded. Please, my apologies.

I forget how crazy it is getting back into the swing of things. I forget how much energy it takes to be on top of management for 30 kids and definitely not letting any 'naughty' behaviors go especially the first few months. I could go into hibernation right now and I'd be totally okay.

I must must say though, this week has been amazing. My kids really are beyond cute and so GOOD. I totally understand that we're still in the Honeymoon Stage, but I really don't think I've ever had this great of a start up. I already have legitimately laughed at some hilarious things they've said and they think I'm  super funny, so we're good on that front.

First Day-
Boy raises hand and in front of class and says, "Miss Stolworthy, please don't get mad at me for the really bad word I'm about to say but it's...."
Miss Stolworthy: "AHH!!! Please don't say it! Tell me later if you must."
(Mostly because I wanted to know what it was. Probably "butt" or "stupid," but still.)

I have met with some amazing parents and it looks like we've got a bunch of people on board to help these kids succeed this year.

My kids from years past are dropping by my room giving me hugs about 8 billion times a day. I miss all of them too. How do I have 62 FORMER students??
This is getting crazy.

A few instagram pics that represent my current life-

Back to School Night

(Hmm, yeah just barely got the kids to change the calendar to August today. Priorities)

Back to cardigans, keys on the neck and binder clips in the hair. Totally teacher.

What I do at night.

You wouldn't think I'd need this, but I'll wake up 50 times in the night with a to-do list running through my head if I don't.


So for now, I'm tired and extremely happy. My job wins.



5 comments:

  1. So glad your class is looking really good to you this year! Makes all the difference! Hope you're surviving the week! We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melatonin saved my life when I had a 2 yr old that refused to sleep. Now, she sleeps like rock w/o it but I love that stuff!!!! I bet you are such a great teacher:) You are such a fun person. I saw your mom and sis this past weekend while we were in TN visiting my parents. Good times

    ReplyDelete
  3. now 3 mg of melatonin....sweetheart kick that up!!! I take two 10 mg pills. But I do have a rolling baby inside of me all night. But I know the feeling of going back into school zone. BRAINDEAD. Good luck, they love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have a good class this year because last year was hard! You deserve to have a better year this year! Have fun with your kiddos! You rock as a teacher and truly found your best self by doing this, Danielle! Those kids are so lucky to have you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Email me! I have a question/favor of you.

    Glad you made it through your first week!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...