Sunday, April 29, 2012

0 Happy Sunday!

Lately I've been thinking a lot about things we have control over. I've been learning how to simplify, especially with my job because it can consume my whole life if I let it. I think a lot of women generally have this nagging feeling that they should always be doing more. It doesn't help that I am a doer. I don't sit around and let things happen, I try to make things happen, which can be hard when they don't :)
I've been working on taking care of those things that really matter. Relationships are huge. We are here to form relationships and to be good to those we encounter. I've made it a goal this year to really show the people around me that I love them. This, of course, requires a lot sacrifice and I still have a long way to go. However, there is no better feeling than to be putting someone else's wants and needs before your own.
I've had a few rough days with the kids and I have to pray at night I will be able to give them a clean slate so they can start over fresh the next day. I have been amazed at how I've been able to come back in the morning with no hard feelings towards them time after time (especially for my repeated offenders :). It hit me a couple of weeks ago that this blessing is mostly for them, not for me. It has been nice for me to not harbor bad feelings, but really Heavenly Father wants these children to feel loved and safe when they're in my care.
If nothing else in life, we have control over how we treat others and how we make others feel. I need to be better at assumming everyone is doing the very best they can, because most of the time, people really do have good intentions.
WARNING: We have a little bit of a quote overload going on here, but these are a few prints I made to hang up by my desk in my classroom as good reminders. 




Give hugs, not drugs.
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...