Thursday, July 01, 2010

2 breathe in breathe out

Lately I've been burdened with the overwhelming responsibility that I'm about to take on. It's been done a million times before, but for some reason I feel like i'm the first person ever. Teaching 30+ students.

I spend more time with them than their parents do. I've been reminded of this over and over. I've been taught how important it is to first teach them responsibility, integrity, social skills, hard work, self-discipline, respect and communication skills, so then they can then feel like they have a safe environment to learn math, literacy, social studies & science.

I've prayed every night that the right students are placed in my class and I can meet the individual needs of every child.

In the past 2 years, I feel like I have read every talk/article/scripture that's out there about teaching children. But then tonight, I stumbled upon this goodie:
"It takes a lot of hard work and patience and faith, but nothing is more important or rewarding. And the Lord will help us, for He loves these children even more than we do. He loves them, and He will bless them." -Cheryl C. Lant

Happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...answer to your prayers, Danielle! Such a sweet quote and I think it is so great that you feel such a big responsibility to these kids! Just think how much better the world would be if EVERY adult felt this huge responsibility (example, etc) toward the children in their life! You will do soooo well and like every other teacher you will make mistakes. That's o.k.! You have to allow a few of those too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When my mother had children, her dad told her that she would not make the same mistakes as he did as a parent but that she would make her own mistakes. I am sure this is true for every teacher, too, but what matters is your heart. Yours is definately in the right place, Danielle! You will make a fabulous teacher and you will do your best! There is no doubt in my mind about that! Loved the quote and it is so very true! Love you, Danielle! You will be great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...