Friday, March 26, 2010

3 epiphany's all over the place.

Ladies & Gents,
I figured it out tonight.
(Why do boys frustrate me just a little, sometimes?)
It's because I'm a decision making sort of girl.
For me, you're in or you're out, you're hot or you're cold, you're here or you're gone.
I know what I like. If I like you, I'll keep you around.
Otherwise, see you later alligator.
Boys, boys, I understand commitment takes time and thinking through every detail. I can respect that, I guess I'm just blessed to always know if it's right or wrong for me. This doesn't mean we have to move fast, it just means I won't keep you around if I don't see a future.

I HAVE ALSO DISCOVERED TONIGHT THAT THIS IS MORE OF A PERSONALITY SORT OF THING THAN A GENDER SORT OF THING.
You see, I did a study which can be considered extremely accurate since I surveyed a whole two roommates. (Just throw out the bias nonsense & you've got yourself a real live scientific study!)

Roommate A (a white female early 20's) is perfectly fine with calling it exclusive after she's seen they can possibly work out together. Why not try it out? She knows she likes him, he likes her, what is their to lose?

Roommate B (a white female early 20's) hyperventilates at the thought of a DTR (this sort of behavior is usually typical of males... or so we thought) because everyone knows if you finally make the decision to become exclusive then that means you have to get married or die. And like, what if he's totally the wrong chico for you? OR even worse, what if he's totally the right chico for you but you don't know and you let him go? Hmmph. Decisions, decisions.

As you can see through my study, the ability to be very decisive or indecisive is not gender based. So scratch that first paragraph completely, that was all emotion and now we're talking pure science.

***IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF THIS SURVEY, COMMENTS ARE WELCOME. A LARGER RANDOM SAMPLE GENERALLY INCREASES ACCURACY.

3 comments:

  1. Nice study, Danielle...I'm pretty sure this could get you published! Yep, people and their relationships sure do VARY! I guess that's a good thing or everyone would want the same person under the same terms...not good! LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you, Danielle, I keep people around that I like and as a young person, I just didn't if I didn't like them. Now as an adult that has learned a few things, I really want to be a friend to everyone I can. Still, it is different if there is potential romance involved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And then you have the girls who are like " omg I have to get married before I am to old and ugly to get a guy!" and they marry the first guy that comes along and will give them a ring. so there is that side of the commitment issue.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...